Thursday, September 4, 2008

We Love George

George in our house means two things - sometimes it means Curious George, as in the morning TV show on PBS that I actually enjoy watching. Other times it means Concert For George, as in Harrison, a DVD we rented from Netflix and watched a billion times over about 6 months, and now own.

This George is playing nice and loud in our living room while Henry snoozes. This is also the George that all my children really like to watch, presumably for the music, but probably more because of the Monty Python numbers, one including a great mooning of the audience ("Shake A Bum Bum" in our house, courtesy of Henry). If anyone ever does a concert tribute to me after I am gone, certainly a good mooning should be included.

I love that my kids like to watch this. It is lovely and silly and sad - gorgeous, emotional, and musical. I love that this will entertain them for a goooood long time, which will be put to the test tonight while Danny and I are rehearsing for a benefit show to raise money for my friend Christy (see below), a show that is really cool that both Danny and I are in - I sing some songs, he plays guitar on one or two - this George will babysit our cranky, stay-up-too-late-this-first-week-of-school children well, for which I am very very grateful.

1 comment:

singingfamily said...

how was it? I wish we could have seen it! What a wonderful thing to do for your friend:)
As always I love to read your blog and we all miss the O'Neills!!!