Thursday, January 15, 2009

Jake and the Firefighter Group




Jake is the first member of my family that I have not met. Henry has long, animated conversations with him (see picture up top), and Jake frequently gets into trouble. One night before bed, Emma and I asked Henry who Jake was, thinking that Jake was someone in his preschool. Henry explained that Jake was not in his preschool class, but in his Firefighter Group.
Henry does have an Uncle Jake out in Texas, but to my knowledge, he has never been a firefighter.
Henry's firefighter group has many members, however the only names I recognize are Jake and someone named Jane, who is also a boy. Girls are in a different firefighter group. The rules can vary slightly, but are usually pretty much the same day to day. I don't know how long Jake will be with us, as sometimes he dies and goes to heaven, but then he has to be at work at the firehouse the next day, which in my book, is pretty remarkable.
I will miss Jake, and Bobo (the piggy Henry is holding in the other picture), and Henry's thumb, all of which he has no intention of giving up anytime soon. I cannot believe Henry will be four next month. I hope they stick around a little bit longer...

No comments: