Wednesday, February 13, 2008

We Got Ourselves a Puker Here...

I myself have never been a puker. Not really (at least post-college). But I have a great respect for people who can just upchuck on cue. Emma, for instance, came home yesterday from school as happy as can be. Then moments later, she's sprinting to the bathroom to loose her lunch (or her snack, as the case may be). She is actually a very pleasant puker - all business. And then she sleeps. Really sleeps. Really-most-sincerely sleeps. For hours. And BAM! She's up and wide awake at 10pm, all bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, and no longer sick. How efficient. I wish I could be like that.

We spent some time post-puke-sleep last night dreaming of vacation - not this Febrary break coming up, but camping during the summer. Our camping trips in recent history have been far from heavenly, but the kids don't seem to remember this. When the mention of camping comes up, their eyes twinkle and sparkle. There's talk of swimming and s'mores and sleeping (of you want to call it that) in the big tent. Now I'm guessing that each year it gets a little easier, and truly the toughest part has been camping with a toddler (who shall remain nameless), so this year must be our year to not pack it in early. I'm just guessing.

Henry is now running around without pants, so this is my cue to go. Where is that nanny??? She should be fired.

No comments: